Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I've linked every source I have posted here to each individual it concerns. To find people in a particular family click on one of the surnames below. Or, to go directly to an individual, find his or her name in the pull-down menu to the right or in the labels at the end of any post.

* next to a name indicates direct ancestry.

Surnames
Doherty, Eddy, Kendell, Martin, Nilsson, Nixon

Margaret Crow Nixon's Will

I found a transcription of the will of Margaret Crow Nixon on the Pennsylvania GenWeb site. It lists all her children. Here it is:

Will of Margaret Crow Nixon dec’d 1856
Will Book 7, p. 487

In the name of god Amen. I Margaret Nixion of East Pike Run Township in the County of Washington and state of Pennsylvania widow and relict of John Nixion dec’d enjoying at the present time good health and being of sound mind, memory and understanding but aware of the uncertainty of this life, do make and publish this my last will and testament in manner and form following to wit.

First it is my will and I do order that all my just debts, and my funeral expenses be paid and satisfied as soon as convenient can be after my decease.
Second It is my will that Edward Nixion my son should have one dollar.
Third It is my will that Anna Nixion intermarried with William Crow should have one dollar.
Fourth it is my will that Jane Nixion intermarried with James Newkirk is to have one dollar.
Fifth It is my will that Lorrence Nixion should have one dollar.
Sixth t is my will that Ruth Nixion intermarried with Thomas Winnet should one dollar.
Seventh It is my desire that Margaret Nixion intermarried with John Crow should have one bed, bedding and tree stand and one dollar.
Eighth it is my will that Frances Nixion should have one bed bedding and bed stead.
Ninth it is my will that John J. Nixion is to have one bed bedding and one bed stead.
Tenth is my will that Robbert Nixion is to have one bed bedding and bedstead and one dollar, provided that he should come back in five years after my decease, if he should not come back in that time, Frances Nixion is to have said Robberts share.
Eleventh It is my will that Sidney Nixion intermarried with Saben Winnet is to have one dollar.
Twelfth It is will that Frances Nixion and John J. Nixion above mentioned is to have the farm situated in East Pike Run township on which I now reside containing fifty one acres more or less and to their heirs and assigns forever subject to the following reservation in favor of my daughter Mary Ann Nixion an innocent child whom I order and direct shall be supported have her home and comfortably clothed and attended to during her natural life out of the proceeds of said farm.
I further order and direct that in case my daughter Frances should died before my son John J. Nixion leaving no lawful heirs then it is my will that my son John J. Nixion shall have keep and enjoy the whole and entire farm above mentioned and in case the said John J. Nixion should die before Frances my daughter without lawful heirs, then it is my will that the whole of said farm shall revert to and be enjoyed by her and her assigned forever. Thirteenth I do also will to Frances Nixion and John J. Nixion a lot of ground situtaqted East Pike run township County and State aforesaid adjoining lands of Wm. Crow, Benjamin Crow and others containing six and one fourth acres more or less subject to the conditions of the land property above devised. Fourteenth It is my will that my daughter Frances Nixion is to have one sorrel mare, six sheep and all the household and kitchen furniture not devised and further she is to have all my wearing apparel and bed and bedding not devised. It is my will that John J. Noxion shall have all the personal property which I bought at the sale of my late husband John Nixion dec’d and took at the appraisement of his property. I al give to john all the horned cattle and two colts, and lastly I nominate constitute and appoint Azariah Crow to be my sole Executor of this my last will and testatment hereby revoking all other wills by me made. In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this eighth day of June Anno domini one thousand eight hundred and fifty. Signed sealed and delivered by the said testator in the presence of us Azariah Crow, Wm J. Crow, Benjamin Crow.


Washington County Pennsylvania Register of Wills
Will Book 7, p. 487

No comments:

Post a Comment