Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I've linked every source I have posted here to each individual it concerns. To find people in a particular family click on one of the surnames below. Or, to go directly to an individual, find his or her name in the pull-down menu to the right or in the labels at the end of any post.

* next to a name indicates direct ancestry.

Surnames
Doherty, Eddy, Kendell, Martin, Nilsson, Nixon

Balford Doherty as a witness on Gasper Harshamn's will

While perusing google results for Balford Doherty, I came across this entry on rootsweb. It has Balford Doherty listed as a witness on Gasper Harshamn's will in Fayette Co. PA in 1813. Gasper has a daughter named Catherine. Could this Catherine be the same as Balford's wife? I don't know. I'll try to look up the record at the library next time I'm in Utah.

Extraction:

Harshamn, Gasper, p. 541, dated 9-7-1813, prob. 12-31-1813
daughters Betsey Trump, Barbara, Nancy Stimmel, Becky Barger, Catherine
sons in law John Trump, Philip Stimel
son Daniel
executors John Trump, Jonathan Page
Witnesses Balford Doherty, James Moore

Film Reference:
FHL US/CAN Film 861066

No comments:

Post a Comment