Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I've linked every source I have posted here to each individual it concerns. To find people in a particular family click on one of the surnames below. Or, to go directly to an individual, find his or her name in the pull-down menu to the right or in the labels at the end of any post.

* next to a name indicates direct ancestry.

Surnames
Doherty, Eddy, Kendell, Martin, Nilsson, Nixon

Edward Nixon's Obituary in the Spirit of Democracy

I posted earlier that I had found a transcription of Edward Nixon's obituary. Since then, I found out that the Ohio Historical Society has a microfilm archive of the Spirit of Democracy. I was able to get the film on inter-library loan and find the original paper. I've included a picture of the whole page first. The obituary is in the fourth column, about half way down. I've also included a blow-up of the obituary.

Roll: 25121

Transcription:

Died, at the residence of his son-in-law, Calvin Butter, in West Hendricks Tp, Shelby County, Ind., March 3d, 1889, Mr. Edward W. Nixon. He was buried at Forest Hill Cemetery, near Shelbyville, on March 4th. Mr. Nixon was born in Washington County, Pa., on Sept. 1st, 1798, and moved to Ohio in 1843, and settled near New Castle, Monroe County, where he lived till 1881, when he moved to Shelby County, Indiana, where he lived with his sons and daughter. He has been a member of the M. E. Church for the last forty-five years. He leaves a wife and six children to mourn his loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment